RE: [nvo3] Last Call: <draft-ietf-nvo3-framework-06.txt> (Framework for DC Network Virtualization) to Informational RFC

2014-06-02 13:45:10
Barry,

Does that mean that the working group would be willing to pull the
architecture document back out of the RFC Editor queue for rework,
should it come to that?

There appears to be some confusion here:

The nvo3 architecture draft is not in RFC Editor queue, it's still with the WG:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-arch/

The nvo3 problem statement draft is in the RFC Editor queue:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nvo3-overlay-problem-statement/

I haven't seen anything in this discussion that suggests pulling
the latter draft back from the RFC Editor.

Thanks,
--David (co-author of both of the above drafts)

-----Original Message-----
From: nvo3 [mailto:nvo3-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Barry Leiba
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 2:30 PM
To: Thomas Narten
Cc: nvo3(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; Linda Dunbar
Subject: Re: [nvo3] Last Call: <draft-ietf-nvo3-framework-06.txt> (Framework
for DC Network Virtualization) to Informational RFC

If folk have substantive issues with the framework, I'd strongly
suggest first looking at the architecture
(draft-ietf-nvo3-arch-01.txt) and seeing whether their concern exists
there, and of so, whether the archictecture document would be a better
place to address the concern.

Does that mean that the working group would be willing to pull the
architecture document back out of the RFC Editor queue for rework,
should it come to that?

Barry