RE: Missing mail archives

2014-07-17 22:13:24
It might be an idea to mhonarc them or whatever so that they're easily
readable...

pleased to see that pilc and tcpsat are also there.

Lloyd Wood
http://about.me/lloydwood
From: ietf <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> on behalf of Martin Rex
<mrex(_at_)sap(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, 18 July 2014 5:26 AM
To: Dean Willis
Cc: IETF-Discussion Discussion
Subject: Re: Missing mail archives

Dean Willis wrote:

I just realized that many older mailing list messages do not appear to
be archived on the IETF. In particular, I found very little before
July, 1998.

I'd particularly like to find the MMUSIC and AVT archives.

I have the vague feeling that a lot of other stuff is missing prior
to summer 1998 from other groups, but I wasn?t paying that much
attention to them at the time.

Do we have this stuff hiding somewhere?

AVT (formerly "rem-conf")
  Directory:  ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/avt/rem/ ?

MMUSIC (formerly "confctrl")
  File:       ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/mmusic/confctrl.mail

but on various other hosts.  So the mail archives were originally
somewhere else and may differ in archiving format.

To figure out original names of WGs and addresses of mailing lists,
"web.archive.org" might be helpful.

http://web.archive.org/web/19980213204452/http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/mmusic-charter.html

  Multiparty Multimedia Session Control (mmusic)

  Mailing Lists:
    General Discussion:confctrl(_at_)isi(_dot_)edu
    To Subscribe: confctrl-request(_at_)isi(_dot_)edu
    Archive: ftp://ftp.isi.edu/confctrl/confctrl.mail

http://web.archive.org/web/19980213204424/http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/avt-charter.html

  Audio/Video Transport (avt)

  Mailing Lists:
    General Discussion:rem-conf(_at_)es(_dot_)net
    To Subscribe: rem-conf-request(_at_)es(_dot_)net
    Archive: ftp://nic.es.net/pub/mailing-lists/mail-archive/rem-conf

-Martin