Re: SIGCOMM and IETF work RE: v6 adoption

2014-07-25 10:28:22

Surely relevant!  It benefits both sides to follow up the latest
progress, either via conferences or IETF pipeline.

Yup.

As part of the work for IETF diversity group, our joint paper between
Cambridge and Helsinki got the best paper award from ACM - "Best of CCR",
and to be presented in ACM SIGCOMM, August 2014:
http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2014/program.php

I noticed that the other day, actually.  I popped the paper up in my PDF
reader and plan to read it.

I certainly agree there should be more exchange between the research and
IETF communities.  That said, I feel like I can only say that so loudly
given that I used to play in both sandboxes, but have largely backed
away from the IETF myself and so its a little hard to say "hey, everyone
should play there!".

Many thanks!

allman