Re: [saag] Last Call: <draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-01.txt> (Opportunistic Security: some protection most of the time) to Informational RFC

2014-07-30 15:16:09
Martin,
On 30 July 2014 08:54, Stephen Kent <kent(_at_)bbn(_dot_)com> wrote:
I would say:
"OS strives to greatly broaden the use of encryption in IETF protocols,
to combat PM. To facilitate incremental deployment, OS operates in
a fashion that may result in a plaintext connection/session."
That's a good description of OE, but wasn't the whole point of using
OS as the term to cover other opportunistic mechanisms, like maybe
opportunistic authentication (which I just invented, but I hope is
self-explanatory).
I don't think so.

Steve