Good practices (was: Gen-art LC review: draft-secretaries-good-practices-06)

2014-08-10 04:58:58
Hello,
At 09:03 01-07-2014, Robert Sparks wrote:
There is text that affects the secretarial role in section 6.1.
Should any of that be updated? In particular, given the discussion
of delegation in the reviews of this document, should delegation
be discussed more explicitly in this section? This would be a
good place to discuss whether it's appropriate for a chair to
delegate calling consensus to a secretary.

I did not find an answer to the last sentence. There is a comment from Dave Crocker about "reasonable IETF process" [1]. As Robert Sparks noted there have been two comments during the Last Call for the draft (including his review), and I note that the conclusion of Last Call was "no consensus".

I would appreciate some input about the following questions:

(a) Is it appropriate for a WG Chair to delegate calling consensus to a WG Secretary?

(b) Is it appropriate for a WG Chair to delegate calling consensus to a shepherd?

  (c) Is the determination of IETF Consensus based on public review?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg88942.html