Re: [saag] DANE should be more prominent (Re: Review of: Opportunistic Security -03 preview for comment)

2014-08-19 16:03:32
On Tue, 19 Aug 2014, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

Note, in many cases what we have is "authenticated sessions".  Not
all protocols are "connection oriented", and notably TLS supports
session resumption.  So "authenticated connection" is perhaps not
optimal.  I had used "authenticated encrypted communication" as
suggested, but will see whether that is still needed after further
suggested revisions.

I agree that non-connection-oriented protocols can cause confusion here,
so "authenticated sessions" may be better.

-Ben