Re: dmarc damage, was gmail users read on... [bozo subtopic]

2014-09-20 05:47:41
On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 12:36:02AM -0700, Wei Chuang wrote:
I doubt my personal view are going to change any opinions here, but if you
could put yourselves in the mindset of the engineers trying to fight
phishing attacks at large scale that were damaging the reputation of their
service you might see things differently.

Those engineers should focus first on the abuse that's coming *from*
or supported by their own operations, not on the abuse directed at them.
In the case of some of the providers involved in the DMARC debacle,
they've spent many years studiously pretending that the problem is external
when in fact much of it is internal and when they've tried their
very best to block, ignore or discard problem reports concerning it.

---rsk