Re: dmarc damage, was gmail users read on... [bozo subtopic]

2014-09-12 17:16:59
On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Doug Barton <dougb(_at_)dougbarton(_dot_)us>
wrote:

On 9/12/14 10:20 AM, Wei Chuang wrote:

I also just wanted to bring another high level idea to the table- rather
than discuss which work arounds to mandate (and all have problems), why
not revisit the authentication methods?  In particular the current DKIM
method, while very powerful in the security sense, is very restrictive.

Because the large mail vendors have already spoken, and they like the way
that SPF/DKIM/DMARC work. Spending more time talking about how we think
they SHOULD work is wasted effort.

What's "the current DKIM method" and how is it restrictive?

The large mail vendors are participating in these discussions, or at least
observing them, so if we have something to say to them that's different
from "go back to the way it was before", I believe it'll get heard.

-MSK