Re: [jose] Secdir review of draft-ietf-jose-json-web-signature-31

2014-09-21 20:29:40
On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 8:47 PM, John Bradley <ve7jtb(_at_)ve7jtb(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I like the general direction.

One question,  wouldn't the recipient of a PSS signature detect the
substitution of SHA-284 with SHA-256 due to the different key length.

No, in both cases, the key is an RSA key.

I was under the perhaps mistaken impression that the key lengths needed to
be the same and just the alg different eg SHA3 and SHA2 keys of the same
length.

I think you're probably thinking about HMAC.

--Richard

If that is the case we probably have not defined any algs currently that
may be subject to this.  That is not to say that we shouldn't warn people
as new algs are defined.

John B.