Re: Local Cloud Node

2014-10-03 13:39:37
Yes, I agree with the replies so far, more or less.

What I think would be rather sad is if we end up with a situation
where the emergent market for devices that connect these types of gear
end up having to become a middlebox so that they can intercept the
obnoxiously routed traffic.

I see a gap here in the Internet architecture. It should be easy to
hook up new appliances but it isn't easy at all. We could make it easy
by defining an appropriate protocol. But we have not seen that as our
job to date. And nor has IEEE which is still blissfully unaware that
their WiFi model still isn't fit for purpose.

I think that the way a solution is going to emerge is by people
putting together schemes that meet the need and making them available
as open source.