Re: I-D Action: draft-dawkins-iesg-one-or-more-00.txt

2014-10-27 01:49:23
On 10/24/14 12:03 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 07:54:08AM +1300, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
So I would like to see some sort of aspirational statement in the
draft that the total size of the IESG should be kept as small as
possible. The current 15 (+5 liaison/ex officio) is already
too big IMNSHO.

One is presupposing that a smaller IESG can do more by doing less. I'm
sympathetic to that assertion but not confident of the outcome.

I'm sympathetic to the draft because I believe the work should direct
how and where we allocate the resources not a document we wrote 15 years
ago.

I tend to agree with this, but perhaps we could incorporate by
reference http://profron.net/fun/Administratium.html.  It seems to
have the right aspiration.