Re: I-D Action: draft-dawkins-iesg-one-or-more-00.txt

2014-10-24 13:54:25
" Each IETF area is managed by one or more Area Directors (ADs)."

I don't object to the flexibility that this change provides.

However, I do remember being very concerned when RAI was created
that the resulting increase would make the IESG unwieldy and
less efficient (for example, by increasing the number of DISCUSS
ballots to be cleared up; by making discussions of the obvious
take longer; and so on). Which did, in fact, happen.

So I would like to see some sort of aspirational statement in the
draft that the total size of the IESG should be kept as small as
possible. The current 15 (+5 liaison/ex officio) is already
too big IMNSHO.

Regards
   Brian