Re: Last Call: <draft-nottingham-safe-hint-05.txt> (The "safe" HTTP Preference) to Proposed Standard

2014-10-24 14:03:51
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Levine" <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com>
To: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:06 PM
  This specification defines a "safe" preference for HTTP requests,
  expressing a desire to avoid "objectionable" content.

I have read this draft and support its adoption.

Me too.  It seems a straightforward step in the right direction for the
Internet at large.   It is a small step but then taking small steps in
the right direction is something that the IETF does rather well.

I have also read the draft, and while I'm not entirely enthusiastic about the
approach, it's quite clear this is going to happen regardless, and having a
standardized mechanism for it strikes me as a far superior situation than
having a bunch of nonstandard ways to do it deploy.

I also find the objections to adopting it I've seen so far to be lacking
foundation.

I therefore support adoption of this draft.

                                Ned