Re: Local Cloud Node

2014-10-29 07:19:14
Getting back to my original concern, the maker of the hub that I
bought to integrate the 30+ devices in my house has just been bought
out. The new owner has announced that the hub is EOL and none of the
promised updates is going to be provided.

The main reason we have standards in the enterprise space is that they
reduce switching costs so that a vendor can be replaced if necessary.
The main thing holding back the home automation market right now is
that all the vendors are following a strategy designed to make them
the sole source monopoly provider. In most cases with an annual rent
on top for doing nothing more than run an unneeded cloud service.