Re: I-D Action: draft-leiba-cotton-iana-5226bis-09.txt

2014-11-10 14:26:43

On 11/11/2014 09:17, Dave Crocker wrote:
On 11/10/2014 12:10 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:
Brian, that's a good point.  I changed that text to address Paul
Kyzivat's comments, and I may have been too strong in that.  I could:

1. Change it to "It may have been a mistake".

2. Remove that last sentence entirely.

3. Replace the sentence with something else that I'm happy to have you
suggest.

What is important, for going forward, is to talk about going forward.
What tends to be distracting is criticism of well-intended previous work.

Consequently, I suggest avoiding vocabulary like 'mistake'.

Rather, something like:

     In such cases, the experience can serve to motivate changing to a
lower bar for registration.

Yes, that's much better.

    Brian

would be more helpful.