Re: Last Call: <draft-nottingham-safe-hint-05.txt> (The "safe" HTTP Preference) to Proposed Standard

2014-11-16 16:28:40
As I (and others) have pointed out multiple times, the Bing web site
implements the exact browser extension in this I-D right now, all one
bit of it.  If you claim that we're lying, just say so.

I’ve never said you are lying. I have said that this is not what the people
behind Bing want.

Nonetheless, Bing were among the first to implement it. Why do you think that is? Is there any possibility they observed that people usually the flag all the way on or all the way off, so the middle values aren't very useful?

I really hope Christian has a chance to talk to his co-workers about this exact question and let us know what their thinking is.

Regards,