Re: Last Call: <status-change-http-status-code-308-ps-01.txt> (HTTP Status Code 308 (Permanent Redirect) to Proposed Standard (from Experimental))

2014-12-01 20:48:49
On 2014/12/02 01:38, The IESG wrote:

The IESG has received a request from the Internet Engineering Steering
Group WG (iesg)

Does this mean that the IESG received a request from themselves? In that case, couldn't they just write "the IESG plans to..."? Or is this a mistake?

Regards,   Martin.

P.S.: I approve of the reclassification itself.

to consider the following document:
- 'HTTP Status Code 308 (Permanent Redirect) to Proposed Standard'
   <status-change-http-status-code-308-ps-01.txt> from Experimental

ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by 2014-12-29. Exceptionally, comments
may be
sent to iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org instead. In either case, please retain the

Abstract

In 2012, when RFC 7238 was approved, we went for Experimental because it
was, indeed, an experiment.  Since then, it has been implemented in Firefox and
Chrome, and Safari already supported it due to their default handling of 3xx +
Location.

The experiment is, therefore, over, and was a success.  This action moves RFC
7238 to the Standards Track, as Proposed Standard.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-http-status-code-308-ps/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-http-status-code-308-ps/ballot/