Re: Last Call: <status-change-http-status-code-308-ps-01.txt> (HTTP Status Code 308 (Permanent Redirect) to Proposed Standard (from Experimental))

2014-12-01 20:56:41
The IESG has received a request from the Internet Engineering Steering
Group WG (iesg)

Does this mean that the IESG received a request from themselves? In that
case, couldn't they just write "the IESG plans to..."? Or is this a mistake?

A mistake; the tools generated that automatically, for some reason,
and I didn't notice it until after it was sent out.  The second
status-change, which Ted Lemon generated later the same day didn't
have that silliness.  Maybe our tools like Ted more than they like me.
Waddyagonnado?

P.S.: I approve of the reclassification itself.

Thanks, Martin; that's helpful.

Barry