RE: Last Call: <draft-secretaries-good-practices-06.txt> (IETF Working Groups' Secretaries) to Best Current Practice

2014-12-03 05:07:05
The document makes reference to several tools or components of tools
(the datatracker in particular) that I've never seen.  That's not to say
they don't exist, but I haven't seen them and couldn't find them just
now, so it makes me wonder if the tools team would have to do a bunch of
work to get reality to match what's written here.  For example, I just
went into the datatracker and as a working group co-chair I have
privileges in that system with respect to my working groups.  However, I
didn't see anywhere in there that I can declare a WG Secretary or
delegate some or all of my powers to that person, despite the fact that
Section 4 says such things "shall" be done.  Is this something that a
co-chair would have to request of the Secretariat directly or via a
sponsoring Area Director?  If not, does the tools team intend to add that?

Well - the tool team has to answer about their plans, but does hardly
effect progressing this document.

Things like "delegation" are captured in the datatracker, and that is
what the document says: a lot of things are, some of them can only be
done by intervention of an AD or the Secreatariat or a combination
thereof. This document is not the place to describe the dynamics.

As AD I can see the place to make these changes in the data tracker. It's
possible that the permissions are not set to allow chairs to make these changes.

datatracker
sign in
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/foowg/charter/
"Edit group"  <<< possibly this you don't have access to as a chair?
fill in the fields

Adrian