Re: Last Call: RFC 6346 successful: moving to Proposed Standard

2014-12-04 07:24:11
On Dec 3, 2014, at 11:00 PM, <l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk>
<l(_dot_)wood(_at_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk> wrote:
That's an ad-hominem argument that has no bearing on the current proposal.

It's not "ad hominem" to ask someone why they think one thing is different from
another.   I actually agree with Bob that the abstract to 6346 says something
that's not true, and it needs to be changed (I hadn't thought about it before
he pointed out the problem).   I asked Bob why he didn't object to the other
proposals because I wanted to know.   I doubt he was unaware of them.