Re: Last Call: RFC 6346 successful: moving to Proposed Standard

2014-12-04 13:04:02
I actually agree with Bob that the abstract to 6346 says something
that's not true

this is the paragraph bob quoted

   We are facing the exhaustion of the IANA IPv4 free IP address pool.
   Unfortunately, IPv6 is not yet deployed widely enough to fully
   replace IPv4, and it is unrealistic to expect that this is going to
   change before the depletion of IPv4 addresses.  Letting hosts
   seamlessly communicate in an IPv4 world without assigning a unique
   globally routable IPv4 address to each of them is a challenging
   problem.

please point out what is not true about that paragraph.  other than the
tense, of course; the iana pool ran out; as have apnic, ripe, and soon
arin.

the first step in solving a problem is admitting we have it.

randy