Re: IAB statement on the NETmundial Initiative

2014-12-22 10:03:33
At 17:49 21/12/2014, IAB Chair wrote:
Jari and I were invited to join representatives of the Internet Society Board and the ICANN Board at a meeting last week. There were two topics: the IANA Stewardship Transition and the NETmundial Initiative. After the meeting, Bob Hinden and Steve Crocker released a statement. Here is a link to their statement: http://www.internetsociety.org/news/joint-statement-isoc-icann-meeting

Dear Russ,

these a minima I*core meetings seem to be less and less representative of, and concerned by, the omni-stake-holder global communities' multitechnological catenet stability. May I remind you my main concern which is the compatility between the various AMERICANN, GOVCANNs and CORPCANNs strategies, plug-ins and/or add-ons and new developments like NDN, SDNs, etc. in a permissionless innovation referentless competition context. This can only push us to consider more and more actively our own Libre MYCANN plug-in fail safe plan for our personnal networking.

Seasons greetings and concerns.
jfc

Best wishes for a joy filled holiday season,
  Russ Housley
  IAB Chair