Re: [saag] PKCS#11 URI slot attributes & last call

2014-12-30 22:12:29
On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Jan Pechanec
<jan(_dot_)pechanec(_at_)oracle(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014, Nico Williams wrote:
As to how to say anything about this, here's what comes to mind:

  Given a PKCS#11 URI template [RFC6570], an application MAY support
  listing URIs of PKCS#11 resources such that the resulting URIs can
  later be used to access the same resources if the template captured
  the necessary context.

        I like the use of the templates.  I just quickly read through
the RFC.  It looks that, for example, when generating a key pair, the
application could support a default template with empty variables
which would be used to optionally list a URI based on the
CK_OBJECT_HANDLE of the generated key pair.  And it could accept a
different one to override the default.  As mentioned above, I'd like
to explicitly express that URI list is context specific.  I slightly
modified the paragraph above:

        When listing URIs of PKCS#11 resources the exact set of
        attributes used in a URI is inherently context specific.  A
        PKCS#11 URI template [RFC6570] support MAY be provided by a
        URI generating application to list URIs to access the same
        resource(s) again if the template captured the necessary
        context.

Excellent.

        I think we wouldn't need to say more about the matter.

Agreed.

Nico