Re: i18n requirements (was: Re: NF* (Re: PKCS#11 URI slot attributes & last call))

2015-01-03 20:43:12
On Wed, 31 Dec 2014, Nico Williams wrote:

Alternate suggestion in the interest of getting this out and
recognizing that this is mostly a PKCS#11 problem (presumably
ITU and/or RSA, but what do I know) and shouldn't be an IETF one:

RSA.

        for the record, PKCS#11 management has been transitioned to
OASIS in 2013.  There is a recent draft out for version 2.40 and
supposedly it should become a new version of the standard soon.  2.30
draft from 2009 never made it so the last version is still 2.20 from
2004.

        I do not see anything about UTF-8 normalization and/or i18n in
2.40.  I will reach out to them and ask whether that was a deliberate
decision.  However, I think we can proceed with the URI draft
independently to that if it is updated as discussed here.

        I'm just going through this whole thread.

        regards, Jan.

--
Jan Pechanec <jan(_dot_)pechanec(_at_)oracle(_dot_)com>