RE: [saag] i18n requirements (was: Re: NF* (Re: PKCS#11 URI slot attributes & last call))

2015-01-04 22:14:40
On Mon, 5 Jan 2015, Christian Huitema wrote:

     hi Jaroslav, it's defined in the Unicode standard which I can
reference directly but you would still need to search for the term
rather than read the whole standard.

Of course it is defined in the context of Unicode. But then, in a
generic networking context, NFC also stands for near-field
communication. So it is definitely good practice to spell the acronym
out in the text on first use.

        hello Christian, yes, I will spell it.  I can see that I can
also reference only Annex 15 that defines the normalization forms.
The text now says:

777        In order to improve the user experience, applications that create
778        PKCS#11 objects or label tokens SHOULD normalize labels to
779        Normalization Form C (NFC) [UAX15].  For the same reason PKCS#11

        with the new reference:

854        [UAX15]    Davis, M., Ed., Whistler, K., Ed., and Unicode Consortium,
855                   "Unicode Standard Annex #15 - Unicode Normalization Forms,
856                   Version Unicode 7.0.0", June 2014.

        v2 of upcoming draft 18, draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri-18-v2.txt,
is attached.

        thank you, Jan.

--
Jan Pechanec <jan(_dot_)pechanec(_at_)oracle(_dot_)com>