Re: Last Call: <draft-faltstrom-uri-10.txt> (The Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) DNS Resource Record) to Proposed Standard

2015-01-29 00:59:33
Hi Patrik,

On this one point:

On 1/28/15 9:46 AM, Patrik Fältström wrote:

The RRType is registered and can not be changed.

That said, what can be referred to is a "better" registry for services. IETF
do not have a registry for services for SRV. If IETF did, then I would have
referenced that registry. I think it is "stupid" to create a new registry.

Stupid or not, it exists.  Go to [1] and select "Service name only".
RFC 6335 updated RFC 2782 on this point[2].

Eliot

[1] http://www.iana.org/form/ports-services
[2] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6335