Re: SDNAuth - Secure SDN authentication and authorization - Interested?

2015-02-04 08:30:01
On 04/02/15 21:12, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Feb 3, 2015, at 6:14 PM, Tobias Gondrom
<tobias(_dot_)gondrom(_at_)gondrom(_dot_)org> wrote:
just fyi: the mailing-list does on its sign-up page (in the first line) make
the explicit statement to operate under the IETF
Notewell:https://mail.rozanak.com/mailman/listinfo/sdnauth
That's precisely what I would advise doing in this situation.   It might be
worth adding that the list is informal and is not sponsored by the IETF,
though; otherwise people might get the impression that it's an official IETF
mailing list.   You should also disclose whether or not the list is being
archived, although since it's not an IETF mailing list, whether you do so is
not up to us.   If the list is not archived, however, it might be difficult and
involve a painful discovery process if for some reason the Note Well had to be
enforced in a lawsuit.  So while keeping an archive places an additional burden
on Hosnieh, it is probably a win for other participants.

(And yes, I realize you were talking to the other Ted... :)

Just fyi: I am not the administrator of the mailing-list. I just happened to sign-up and noticed that the notewell is/was already there on the sign-up page. It seems the new list only got needed up as the Sec AD (Kathleen) shut down the previous IETF BOF mailing-list.

And to answer your second question: it appears the new list is being archived, as is also a basic mailman function.

Best regards, Tobias