Re: SDNAuth - Secure SDN authentication and authorization - Interested?

2015-02-04 15:19:14
That's much clearer, and to my mind more worrying.

Any discussion outside of the IETF is outside the IETF, whether it's within
a group, or a list, or a pub on the corner, or whatever. The IETF surely
cannot impose its IPR rules to the world at large.

If the results of that discussion are later entered as a contribution to
the IETF, the IETF's IPR rules apply to the person contributing, not to the
originator.

If the list discussion needs to happen under the IETF rules, the list needs
to be formally an IETF one.

Note that I'm not concerned with the specifics of whether this list ought
to exist or whether the goals are defined - just whether an non-IETF list
should be under IETF rules.
On 4 Feb 2015 21:02, "Kathleen Moriarty"
<kathleen(_dot_)moriarty(_dot_)ietf(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 3:49 PM, Dave Cridland <dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net>