Re: Naive question on multiple TCP/IP channels and please dont start a uS NN debate here unless you really want to.

2015-02-06 13:13:25
On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Richard Shockey <richard(_at_)shockey(_dot_)us>
wrote:

RS>  Speaking from personal experience the easiest way to put some
internet policy wonk to sleep is say the word bufferbloat.  I've tried.

  Sure they gather lots of interesting data but the evidence is consumers
never use it.  Historically we went through this congestion issue  in the
late 1990’s with dial up 9600/56k modems etc.  Eventually we all worked
through it though there was a lot of pain network engineers had to endure.

I never check the ODBII data on my car. Until that is it won't start and I
need a fix.

The smart meter folk had a lot of peculiar ideas. They are not collecting
the data that I or any other home owner needs or wants. What would be
useful to us is knowing electricity use by circuit which means
instrumenting the circuit breaker board or by socket which means even more
measurement.

Knowing the aggregate use is only of interest if I was worried that my
mains hookup was insufficient.