Re: I-D.farrresnickel-harassment

2015-02-16 13:23:59
Since there is some activity concerning the draft...

The draft should add guidance -- and possibly requirement -- for an
active, ongoing process of oversight, that seeks to assess and improve
harassment-related mechanisms in the IETF.

In particular:

   0)  Do we have a basis for knowing that IETF participants are aware
of harassment-related remedies that are available?

   1)  Do we have a basis for believing that these remedies are
perceived as real and useful?

   2)  If someone is harassed, how do we know they received helpful
assistance?  (In other words, do we have a basis for 'knowing' that the
remedies are real and useful?_

   3)  Do we have a way of assessing whether patterns of harassment show
improvement (less harassment)?

Simply put:  We need to run this as a closed-loop, on-going,
incrementally-improving system.

d/

--
Dave Crocker