RE: I-D.farrresnickel-harassment

2015-02-16 13:12:29
Hi James,

Belated reply.

It occurs to me that the Lead Ombudsperson has a variety of
functions related to the application of remedies, and the draft
doesn't clearly indicate what happens when the term of service
ends for a Lead Ombudsperson with unresolved cases.

Agreed, and adding a few words.

Consider the case where a Reporter informs the Lead Ombudsperson
they believe another Ombudsperson should recuse themselves, then
later, before the case is resolved, that Lead Ombudsperson is removed
from the Ombudsteam. If that scenario happened to me, then I'd very
much want to be consulted in the selection of a replacement for the
Lead Ombudsperson for my case.

I think we have this in Section 4, and combined with the fix to your previous
point we have it covered.

Many thanks,
Adrian