Re: Last Call: <draft-faltstrom-uri-10.txt> (The Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) DNS Resource Record) to Proposed Standard

2015-02-27 10:16:04
My feedback to Andrew when he presented this to me was that:

- In general I am nervous of moving HTTP header attributes into the DNS, as it
might create inconsistencies when for example the data in DNS do not match what
is in the HTTP header, and we already have a content-negotiation mechanism in
HTTP

- Given experience with length of URI / text fields in DNS, I would have had
the encoding of RDATA as "flag" "flag" "flag" "uri" (while being nervous over
the size restrictions of the URI...which is the reason in URI the uri is all of
RDATA except the weight and priority).

- I am also nervous over the size of the RRSet, i.e. same issue I see with
NAPTR, and the reason why I added the prefix (like SRV) to the URI RR

   Patrik