Re: last call discussion status on draft-iab-2870bis

2015-03-05 02:47:58

3) Mark Andrews' suggestion of further requirements regarding EDNS0 has
not been discussed, but I would note that at this stage we should not add
major requirements without substantial community portion indicating that
this is needed. I'm not hearing it.

I suspect this is because the root servers actually correctly
implement EDNS.  If a server was changed to a implementation that
failed to correctly implement EDNS that would change.

Perhaps. What do others think?

Jari