Re: I-D.farrresnickel-harassment

2015-03-10 16:51:24
Dave,

While the draft proposes important differences from the interim process
you established, its premise and core principles are the same.  We
therefore ought to be able to glean valuable lessons from the nearly
one-year of experience.

The approach indeed is the same. There have been some
learnings along the way; as an example, the draft emphasises
also the role of ‘normal’ procedures (such as code of conduct,
mailing list management, etc).

As for the experiences from something more in the category
that this draft can deal with… I don’t have a lot of data to
make conclusions. The numbers are very small, fortunately.
There is some anecdotal data that talking about the issue
in the community, having a person that you can reach out
to, and making it clear that some things are inappropriate
is helpful. There is also a learning curve for the people
involved in the process (myself included). And I think
we’ve learned a few things on how we respond to
experiences that people talk to us about. I’m not sure we
can yet draw much more conclusions. I think we have
some basis for believing that the answer to your question
zero is a yes, but the others we’ll have to tackle further
down the road.

Jari