Re: [Gen-art] Gen-art LC review: draft-ietf-precis-saslprepbis-15

2015-04-22 08:04:02

On 4/22/15 5:50 AM, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
Hi Robert,

On 21/04/2015 21:21, Robert Sparks wrote:
Nit:

The introduction calls out email addresses as an example of the kinds of strings these methods are not intended for use in preparing (along with LDAP distinguished names). But in the body of the document, email addresses (or strings that look just like them) are discussed as valid examples of usernames.
Email address like things are commonly used as usernames, but strictly speaking they are 2 different types of objects. How do you think we can make this clearer?
I don't think drawing the distinction helps the document. Peter's suggestion wfm.