Re: Proposed Proposed Statement on e-mail encryption at the IETF

2015-06-03 06:46:52
On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Paul Hoffman
<paul(_dot_)hoffman(_at_)vpnc(_dot_)org> wrote:

On Jun 2, 2015, at 11:03 AM, Phillip Hallam-Baker
<phill(_at_)hallambaker(_dot_)com>
wrote:
Well I think the original point here is 'eat the dog food'

We fully disagree that that was the "original point". The original point
was that encrypted email from the IETF is good. Joe specifically requested
that we not get into a dogfood discussion so that he doesn't fall off his
chair.

--Paul Hoffman

What he actually did was ask us not to have an S/MIME vs OpenPGP editor
war. Which is fine as neither works well enough.