Re: Proposed Proposed Statement on e-mail encryption at the IETF

2015-06-04 16:11:31
On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Joe Abley <jabley(_at_)hopcount(_dot_)ca> wrote:
On 4 Jun 2015, at 3:45, John C Klensin wrote:
I also note that "PGP key signing parties" used to be a regular
feature at
almost every IETF meeting.  If we were serious about secure
communications
(not just email) within the IETF community, we would reinstitute
those,
For what it's worth, I am willing to volunteer for this. If there's a
room and a timeslot available, I could do it in Prague, even. I've done
lots of these in the past (although none at the IETF).
Rewinding to reality, perhaps there are other PGP and/or CACert
enthusiasts who would like to join in and talk about at least some level of
PGP fumbling in Prague.

Since I'm more-or-less technically a "vendor" for the IETF, I try to stay
out of the way as much as possible.

But I have a deep passion for encryption, and especially email encryption.

So perhaps in my role as "keeper of the encrypted(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org PGP key",
I will
be permitted to sneak past my vendor status this one time, and participate
in your key signing party in Prague?  I would love to attend.

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)