Re: [sidr] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidr-rfc6490-bis-04.txt> (Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Trust Anchor Locator) to Proposed Standard

2015-07-30 10:51:53
I think that requiring line breaks is silly.  Most Base64 parsers
handle arbitrary whitespace.  OpenSSL's parser is just plain nasty
(yes, I once made the mistake of reading the code), but even with
OpenSSL's parser there's a straightforward (if ridiculous) workaround:

   http://subvert-rpki.hactrn.net/trunk/rp/rcynic/bio_f_linebreak.c
   http://subvert-rpki.hactrn.net/trunk/rp/rcynic/bio_f_linebreak.h

I really don't think we need to enshrine OpenSSL's warts in the
specification.

I prefer Richard's option 2 (allow but do not require linebreaks),
which is what RFC 6490 RP implementations had to support anyway.