Re: E-Mail Protocol Security Measurements

2015-07-31 06:59:28
Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-dane(_at_)dukhovni(_dot_)org> wrote:

Lots of servers support RC4, to interoperate with legacy peers,
but in practice very rarely negotiate it.

Yes (with help from Viktor) my servers have a special cipher priority list
to ensure that they negotiate RC4 with old Windows 2003 Exchange servers.
I haven't checked recently if this is still necessary...

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2013-11/0121.html

It has been rumoured that Yahoo's outboud systems prefer RC4, and
unless servers impose their own cipher priority, mail from Yahoo
uses RC4.

That's what it looks like to me.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
Bailey: Northeasterly 6 to gale 8 at first in northwest, otherwise cyclonic 4