Re: IETF Website Degradation

2015-08-03 17:34:27
Hi Adam -

Totally understood.

Alas, at the moment, without this mode, *nobody* could access the site.
:-)  So as a hopefully very temporary band-aid, I need to leave this on for
now.

To all IETF participants and all those impacted by this, I'm really sorry
for the inconvenience (and I am - it impacted me as well! ) and as soon as
we can get this shut off safely we will do so.  I'm hoping this won't be
long.  We will try turning it off several times this evening, and see if
the attack has stopped; however, given Cloudflare's east coast location, it
may be tomorrow morning (roughly 14 hours from now) before we can reach a
human at Cloudflare to find out what's really going on.

Also, as a reminder, please note Adam's example:  I'm not on the IETF
discussion list at the moment, so please email me directly if you need to
reach me, as Adam did.

Thanks again for your patience!

Glen
Glen Barney