Re: Update Re: IETF Website Degradation

2015-08-05 11:51:11
On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 8:52 AM, Christopher Morrow
<morrowc(_dot_)lists(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
wrote:
it's a bit worrying that the IETF site is blocked from some parts of
the Internet, at least to me :(

I understand.

how long will that last? and were
these things that leaked around the cloudflare frontends?

It will last for an indeterminate period of time; however, I do intend to
periodically attempt unblocking to see if attacks continue.  But given the
public nature of the lists, I will not make a specific statement about
timing here.  I will simply say tha we (AMS) will proactively manage this
as we do all other such incidents, to ensure the maximum optimization of
global access to the IETF for the world, balanced against the need to
prevent disruptions from occurring.

What's the impact to the blocked networks? (ie: "No access to
www.ietf.org", "No access to http on www.ietf.org", "No https access
to www.ietf.org", "other")

At present, "no access to www.ietf.org".

Glen