Re: [saag] Fwd: Last Call: Recognising RFC1984 as a BCP

2015-08-12 15:05:46

Hiya,

One bit more of explanation...

On 12/08/15 20:48, John C Klensin wrote:
Sure.  But if "insurance" is the motivation, I note that it does
not appear as motivation in the
"status-change-rfc1984-to-best-current-practice-00" writeup.

That's correct. The text in the status change document is a summary
of the discussion to that point, whereas the insurance idea is why
I think doing this is a good idea (and that can be debated of course
as you've done). I didn't include that in the status change document
as I'm not sure that's a common motivation amongst those that would
like to see this status change happen.

Cheers,
S.