Re: Genart Telechat review: draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats-07

2015-08-20 09:38:34

On 8/20/15 9:34 AM, Jari Arkko wrote:
After some more staring of the data tracker settings, you are of course
completely correct,
Robert :-) The document is marked as having IETF consensus setting, so the text
that you
quoted will get inserted into the RFC.

Pardon my mistake in assuming it wasn’t.

On the IESG call we had a discussion about this issue. We saw two separate
questions:

1) Substance: Is there a consensus behind the document’s recommendations? The
sponsoring AD
and the IESG believes so.

2) Editorial: Is it appropriate to use the “the authors recommend…” form for
IETF-level
consensus statements? The sponsoring AD took your comment about the formulation
(also recommended by other ADs) and will work with the author to revise the
document.
However, this matter is indeed editorial, i.e., a Comment rather than a Discuss
level
requirement from the IESG.

So the document will be approved, after some editorial modifications, and will
become
an RFC.
That plan works for me. Thanks!

Jari