Re: NomCom procedures revision

2015-08-28 17:10:31
I was a bit confused by this discussion. By 3777, the chair establishes the voting procedure. By assumption, he establishes it before it is needed.

A sensible chair will establish procedures that the committee is comfortable with. Since it is the chair who will administer whatever proecedures are used, it eh committee does not trust the chair to establsih them, why would the committee trust the chair to adminsiter them?

I would hate to have an overly strict rule on voting procedures, and a couple of nomcom members get into a typical IETF dispute about the best answer, and thereby hang the work of the nomcom.

Why is this being made more complex, with strict priority, strict rules on adoption, etc?

Yours,
Joel