Re: Proposal for a Clean Internet (by design)

2015-09-03 20:48:38
Given that one of the reasons many of us got into this was precisely to
prevent governments from controlling any of the items in the list, this is
not going to be happen here or anywhere else. You seem to be under the
misapprehension that we are the Internet governance body. We are not and
nor are the people who claim to be. Their role is strictly limited to
allowing those of a nervous disposition to reassure themselves that someone
is in charge.

This is not Western imperialism. The values the Internet embodies are
entirely modern and have only been adopted very recently and with utmost
reluctance in the West. As later as the 1960s, the UK government was still
attempting to prevent publication of 'obscene' novels and my Oxford
contemporary David Cameron still holds out the ambition of suppressing
Internet pornography. It was ever so, the elites have always regarded the
mass of humanity, the mob with loathing, distrust and fear.

No, this is not Imperialism of the West, it is the imperialism of the
people, the true dictatorship of the proletariat which thumbs its nose at
all who would exercise authority over them. Once the mob has a hold of a
thing it is a very brave and very foolhardy politician that tries to take
it away. They are many, you elites are so pitifully few.

Be thankful that their demands are so limited and they will be sated by
amusing pictures of cats and a limitless mountain of porn.