Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname-06

2015-09-11 11:20:06
I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft.  The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed by
the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just like
any other last call comments.  For more information, please see the
FAQ at <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname-06
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2015-09-11
IETF LC End Date: 2015-09-01
IESG Telechat date: 2015-09-17

Thanks for resolving my comments on the -05 version of this document.

Remaining Concern:

Building on the comment from my previous review on Section 5.2, Step 1:

Your response said, "The sort is done in the per-LAALP base. It's not
necessary to make the LAALP ID to a constant length. Besides, the 'mod'
function always returns a value in [0, k-1] whatever the length of
LAALP ID is."  The role of the 'mod' function was clear to me.

In Section 5.2, Step 1, the updated text says, "System ID and LAALP ID
are considered as byte strings", but the Step 2 text refers to "the
numerically sorted list".  If all of the System IDs are the same
length, then these are obviously the same.  Is that always the case?