Re: Gen-ART Review of draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname-05

2015-09-11 11:18:43
Donald:

Document: draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname-05
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2015-08-24
IETF LC End Date: 2015-09-01
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Major Concerns:

(2)  Also, in Section 5.2, Step 1, I think the intended sort order depends
on all
of the LAALP IDi values being represented with the same number of bits.
Since Section 9.1 provides a variable length field to carry a LAALP ID
value, I
assume that they are not always the same length.  Is a step needed to
encode the LAALP ID to a consistent length?

[MZ] The sort is done in the per-LAALP base. It's not necessary to make the
LAALP ID to a constant length. Besides, the 'mod' function always returns a
value in [0, k-1] whatever the length of LAALP ID is.

We could add "considering System ID and LAALP ID as byte strings".

I am not sure that is enough unless all of the System IDs are the same length.

Russ