Re: Summary of IETF LC for draft-ietf-dane-openpgpkey

2015-09-16 11:22:56
Philip,

I am not speaking for anyone else, but let me clarify one or two
things.

I am _not_ objecting to doing this as a experiment if the
community thinks it likely enough to succeed and/or be useful.
My personal estimate of the consensus about that is lower than
Stephen's, but that is the IESG's problem, not mine.

Stephen's comments about "bad idea" apply to the question of
whether the experiment should be performed.   While I'm among
those who thinks this mechanism is unlikely to prove broadly
useful, I agree with him, do not believe that a proposal for an
experiment should be required to demonstrate that there will be
extensive deployment, and am willing to try to keep an open mind
on those subjects.

--On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 16:35 +0200 Philip Homburg