RE: Remote participation

2015-11-03 12:41:47
I had a similar event yesterday but from the other side. I was listening in
(from North America) using Meetecho and could hear very well without any
problem. One of the things that I heard clearly was someone in the room in
Yokohama complaining that the speaker wasn’t close enough to the mic.

Ross

From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Spencer
Dawkins at IETF
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2015 7:46 PM
To: Kathleen Moriarty
Cc: Romascanu, Dan (Dan); ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; Harald Tveit Alvestrand
Subject: Re: Remote participation

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 12:08 AM, Kathleen Moriarty
<kathleen(_dot_)moriarty(_dot_)ietf(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com<mailto:kathleen(_dot_)moriarty(_dot_)ietf(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>>
 wrote:

t seems I can hear the speakers in the room when the folks in the room are
having trouble.

It's only Tuesday, but I'm onsite, and this is what I'm seeing. I was sitting
in a meeting yesterday (probably RMCAT) and there were several soft-spoken folk
in a row at the mike. I wasn't hearing well, so wondered if the speakers were
too far from the mike, and checked in Jabber. The answer I got back was that
the remote participants weren't having any trouble at all.

I may try earbuds for Meetecho in the room today, and see how badly that works!

Spencer