Re: Last Call: <draft-campbell-art-rfc5727-update-02.txt> (Improving the Organizational Flexibility of the SIP Change Process.) to Best Current Practice

2015-12-08 20:48:32

That assumes that some of us believe that the RAI APP merger was a good idea in
the first place.

I do not believe it was a good idea. And reality seems to confirm my belief.

On 12/8/15, 3:59 PM, "ietf on behalf of John Levine"
<ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org on behalf of johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com>
wrote:

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'Improving the Organizational Flexibility of the SIP Change Process.'
 <draft-campbell-art-rfc5727-update-02.txt> as Best Current Practice

I've taken a look and generally support this draft, which brings the
DISPATCH WG model to the new combined RAI area.

Two editorial requests: please give it a name that better reflects
what it's about, something like "Operation of DISPATCH style working
groups and the SIP Change Process."  since it's about 95% about
DISPATCH and has only a few sentences saying SIPCORE still does
what it does.

The other is just to update its contents: the merger of APPS and RAI
into ART has happened, and it is my impression from the Yokohama
meeting that DISPATCH still does what it does, and has absorbed some
of the chartering stuff that would otherwise go through APPSAWG.  This
may not quite be right, but whatever we decided we're doing, it would
be nice if the draft described it.

R's,
John